Saturday, February 13, 2010

- bantams

Last week I was contacted by a lady who had commissioned me, in the past, to build her a chicken tractor.  She informed me that she was moving and could not keep her chickens.  When she asked if I would like to have the birds, I quickly accepted and picked them up a few days later.

In addition to the Barred Rock, Rhode Island Reds, and Black Star hens; we now have 3 beautiful (White Japanese Bantam?) hens who have settled in nicely.  They will be our only white egg layers and, as you can see in the photo, their mature egg size is quite a bit smaller than the typical hen, but it is nice to have a little more variety on the farm.  I'll include some photos of the birds in a future post.
ShareThis

1 comment:

  1. Cngratulations. I am eager to see pictures of the new hens.

    ReplyDelete