Monday, October 26, 2009

Applebee's & Veteran's Day

Well, I guess I was kidding myself in thinking that I could have a blog that was dedicated only to our farm and our new mid-western lifestyle.  I still intend to keep my original focus, but my convictions will force me to occasionally comment on other topics which will probably have to do with the military in some regard.

This evening, I read an article at Military.com which I felt warranted further promotion...  Veteran's Eat Free at Applebee's: First I must admit that I am not a huge fan of this restaurant, but their apparent support of our nations warriors compelled me to let you know of their corporate patriotism.  While I think that our veterans should get regular discounts at all establishments (instead of students and senior citizens who have done nothing to earn them) I love to see any type of outward support of those who are mostly forgotten in our society.

Provided that veterans can prove their honorable service, Applebee's will allow them to choose from one of  6 specific dinner entrees (my choice would be the Fiesta Lime Chicken) available for free on November 11th (Veteran's Day).

To the "suits" at Applebee's, I would simply like to say "thank you" and Semper Fidelis.
ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment