Saturday, October 24, 2009

a little cleaning up

Due to the upcoming concert I am being forced to deal with a few items around the house.  I keep the property fairly neat, but I am a procrastinator by nature and there is always something left unfinished.

In this case it happened to be the old goat/chicken shelter and the canopy which was destroyed when it blew away.  I moved them both behind the house, next to the shed and they have been sitting in a heap for several weeks now.  They were out of the way just enough to allow me to forget about them.


Yesterday, I decided that they needed to go.  Naturally I grabbed my favorite helper (along with several saws and hammers) and headed out to finally take care of the mess.  My son seems to enjoy doing any type work when he is working along with me and I love having him by my side.  He is also starting to get to the point where he is old enough and strong enough to actually accomplish tasks with little supervision; which makes him much more of an asset when it comes to getting work done.  In addition to his physical value, I love seeing the look of satisfaction on his face when he completes his "mission" on his own.

Anyway, yesterday afternoon we got it all broken up, stacked on the trailer, and parked it for our run to the dump the next day (Saturday).  This afternoon after we finished moving the goats/chickens and dealing with several other small tasks, we headed off to the dump... only to get there and discover that it had closed 30 minutes before we arrived.  After all of that, it is now back in our driveway and sitting again.  At least the delay is not completely my fault this time.












ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment