Friday, January 22, 2010

- game camera


I broke down and purchased a cheap game camera.  It is mounted in a water-tight case that mounts on a tree, has a motion activated camera that takes a burst of 3 photos or 9 seconds of video, has an infrared flash for darkness, and records moon phase and temperature.   A few years ago this package would have cost a thousand dollars, technology is absolutely amazing!!!!

I bought it too late and missed dear season, but it is still interesting to see the activity throughout the day around our property.  I got one fuzzy picture of what may be a coyote, I have seen a rabbit, and a whole lot of deer (no bucks yet).  By the time dear season comes around next year, I should have their patterns down - in the mean time we will just enjoy seeing the activity of wildlife.







ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment