Friday, January 8, 2010

- woodworking


In my constant (and constantly unsuccessful) effort to get organized, I decided to make a little “tool box” to store my hoof trimming gear.  It would also allow me to easily transport  my stuff  and not have to throw it into a 5 gallon bucket or milk crate on the back of the tractor.

I did not really have a plan (like most projects of mine), but I had a vision of what I wanted.  I bought some sanded pine from Lowes and assembled a box that was 8” tall, 6” wide, and 14” long.  I wanted to ensure that it was just large enough to hold my shears, file, knife, etc…  The edges even got sanded/rounded to make splinters less likely.  I also opted to make a little divider to hold my bottle of Iodine; that stuff makes a horrible mess if it spills. 

Anyway, I was so happy with the way it turned out that I decided to make a few more.  They are not as pretty or sturdy as my dear friend would make, but for my level of woodworking skill, they are perfect.  I am sure that if you wanted a nice one with your family or farm name engraved on it, Jim could make you one; he can make just about anything.     :-)
ShareThis

2 comments:

  1. These turned out great and it's nice to see the garage looking so organized! Thank you for making it a priority to get my car back in before you left. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake,

    The boxes look great. Thank you for your compliments.

    Blessings,

    JIM

    ReplyDelete