Wednesday, April 21, 2010

- grass or grass?











For those of you who happen to be lacking in street knowledge (not a bad thing), the first bag is full of Cannabis, Marijuana, Mary Jane, Mota, Grass etc… and it is not the tame low percentage THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol) that Clinton smoked when he was younger; it is the modern version that is much more powerful, addictive, and destructive.

But I digress.  The only bags of grass I dealt with when I was “the man” were the ones I got off of the knucklehead parolees I stopped.  I never imagined I would be packing my own baggies of grass someday.  The only difference is that I packed my baggies full of the various grasses from my pastures.

I took numerous samples from our property and cut them into 2-3 inch pieces then mixed them up and stuffed them into a quart size bag.  After sitting in my freezer for a couple days, I mailed them off to Dairy One laboratory for a detailed analysis.  In the next few days, I should know the exact mineral, protein, etc… of our forage.

As previously stated, I never even thought I would own goats – let alone be testing my grass to ensure my goats stay healthy.  I love how my life has changed and am constantly excited about our new experiences.


















ShareThis

1 comment: