Tuesday, April 20, 2010

- welfare cars from GM?


"It's a beautiful car," the 38-year-old Detroit resident said. "I love it. When I get a job, I might get one."

That quote sort of sums it up doesn’t it?  I am just disgusted, but not at all surprised that this “church” is encouraging its congregants to become strapped with a huge unneeded car loan.  Rather than following the very clear biblical principals about not being indentured to a debtor, the wise “men of God” are promoting the idea of people (who don’t even have jobs) buying over-priced new cars.  These knuckleheads actually brought lenders into the church building to make it easier for the people to apply for loans!!!

I am also trying to figure out why this GM dealer would waste their time letting unabashedly un-employed people drive them around… Is it because GM is now owned by the federal government?  Maybe that will be the next big push – “everybody has the right to own a new car” or “it simply isn’t fair that some Americans have the money to own a new car and others don’t”.

While I don’t know all of the details, I feel pretty safe saying that the poor people of Detroit need to be taught to become self sufficient and self sustaining, not that it is ok to accumulate a bunch of debt – especially when you’re only income is welfare from the government.  I guess I shouldn’t be so shocked when our citizens want to live in a manner that is similar to the government itself.  “Just get it now and figure out how to pay for it later”.

Every time I read the news, I have to do a reality check because it seems like I am living in the Twilight Zone.


ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment